About Your Healer
A certified Reiki Master Teacher, Haydee brings together holistic and traditional African modes of healing, & meditative tarot readings to help others build the roots & foundation for self change and growth. With an extensive background in social and healing justice work, community art making and advocacy around mental health, self affirmation and body acceptance, Haydee works with people of color, LGBTQ folx, adventure seekers, activists and artists hoping to learn more about themselves.
When I first came to the idea of #TheRootedTurtleHealing, I was coming into a place of understanding the multi-traumas that I experienced growing up and through young adulthood. After hesitating for a LONG to talk about my personal beliefs, empathetic living + connections with people, struggling with anxiety/depression and self damaging ideologies, I started to really understand the importance of #selfcare and #selflove, and how both are not only radical, but political in sustaining social and healing justice. My favorite animal (the Turtle) represents the slow and deliberate journey it makes, not worried about finding it's home because it IS home.
Born into it, grows with it, and explores life grounded through chaos. ♥
- Stay Rooted.
xoxo, Haydee R.
Photo Credit: Jessica Neria of exultation healing.
- Mental Health First Aid Training and Response through HealthConnect One, Chicago IL (2016)
- Conflict Resolution Training, Oberlin, OH (2011)
- Reiki Levels I & II Training through Reiki Rivers, Chicago, IL (2015)
- Reiki Level III Training through exultation healing, Chicago, IL (2016)
- Reiki Master Teacher Training through Reiki Rivers, Chicago, IL (2017)
WHERE YOU CAN FIND TRTH FEATURED:
- Featured in Healing In Our Times Project